NON-TIMBER PRODUCTS (NP) OF THE FORESTRY LANDS AS A COMPONENT OF THE RESOURCE POTENTIAL
Banderych Vasyl, Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas, Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine
The forestry of Ukraine, despite some reform efforts, remains ineffective. During the past years, the period of the financial crisis, the use of the forestry lands directed mainly for the purpose of increasing the volume of harvesting of the forest wood, while non-timber functions of the forestry lands are not paid due attention. Almost unpaid and uncontrolled harvesting of wild fruits and berries, grazing on the territory of the forestry funds, haymaking harmful to the forestry lands, which often leads to the excessive consumption of the resources and the loss of biodiversity. The article substantiates the necessity of the rational using of non-timber resources of the forestry lands that would enhance the range of the products of the forestry enterprises, increase their yields and profitability, and ensure the population with food and medical products. It is analyzed the current state and dynamics of the procurement and using of non-core forestry products (non-timber origin). Paid attention to the interpretation of the term «non-timber products» of the forestry lands. It is proved the necessity of planning and accounting of the major types of products of the forestry lands of non-timber origin. Analyzed the use of non-timber resources in Ukraine and revealed its main drawbacks. It is proposed the recommendations aimed at improving the using of non-timber forestry resources.
non-timber products, forest lands, use of the forest resources, ecology, economy
1.Forest and agriculture organization of the United Nations (1992), FAO, Rome, pp. 122–124 ( in Italy).
2. Vykorystannia nederevnykh produktiv lisu [The use of non-timber forest products]. skoledlg.com.ua Retrieved from http://skoledlg.com.ua/mekhanizmy-hromadskoho-kontroliu-v-lishospakh-lvivskoho-oulmh/vykorystannia-nederevnykh-produktiv-lisu.
3. Dovkillia Ukrainy. Statystychnyi zbirnyk [Environment Ukraine. Statistical Yearbook] (2015). Derzhsluzhba statystyky Ukrainy – State Service of Statistics of Ukraine. www.ukrstat.gov.ua Retrieved fromhttp://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/druk/publicat/kat_u/publnav_ser_u.htm.
4. Malyk, L.O.(2001). Formuvannia i vykorystannia platezhiv za nederevni roslynni resursy dlia realizatsii lisovoi polityky [The formation and use of payments for non-timber plant resources for the implementation of forest policy] Extended abstract of PhD thesis. Lviv (in Ukrainian).
5. Pro skhvalennia Kontseptsii reformuvannia ta rozvytku lisovoho hospodarstva: Rozporiadzhennia Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy vid 18 kvitnia 2006 r. № 208-r [On Approval of the Concept of Reform and Development of Forestry: Order of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine on April 18, 2006 № № 208-р]. (2006, May 3). Ofitsiinyi visnyk Ukrainy – Official Bulletin of Ukraine, no. 16.
6. Senko, Ye.I., Furdychko, O.I. (1996). Ekonomika kompleksnoho vykorystannia i vidtvorennia kharchovykh resursiv lisu [The economy integrated use and reproduction of forest food resources]. Lviv: Misioner (in Ukrainian).
7. Syniakevych, I.M. (2000). Ekonomika lisokorystuvannia [Economics of forestery]. Lviv: IZMN (in Ukrainian).
8. Shchuryk, M.V. (2012). Ratsionalne vykorystannia ta okhorona zemel lisovoho hospodarstva [Rational use and protection of forest lands] Ekonomika pryrodokorystuvannia i okhorony dovkillia – Environmental Economics and Environment. Kyiv, pp.65–71(in Ukrainian).