ROLE OF BRIDGE BANKS IN THE INCREASING OF TRUST LEVEL IN THE FINANCIAL SERVICES OF UKRAINE
Dubyna Maksym, Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14035 Chernihiv, Ukraine)
Kovalenko Kateryna, Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14035 Chernihiv, Ukraine)
In the article theoretical bases of bridge bank functioning was deepened, their essence and the basic functions of activities were identified, in which were included the following: the formation of high-quality asset portfolio; conducting active operations; implementation of cash management services clients; stabilization activities of the bankrupt bank; maintenance of depositors; strengthening trust in the financial services market. It was found that the establishment of bridge bank effectively influences for the development of the financial services market, particularly in the process of application this mechanism for forming trust on such market to the activities of financial intermediaries. The introduction of such mechanisms allows to provide of customer loyalty to the functioning of financial institutions, to maintain their trust in the possibility public institutions to carry out of effective policies to regulate activities such institutions.
banking system, trust, financial services market, bridge bank, financial service
1. Kopyliuk, O.I., Zaiatz, M.P. (2013). Orhanizatsiino-ekonomichni zasady stvorennia i funktsionuvannia sanatsiinoho banku v Ukraini [Organizational and economic bases of creation and functioning of curative bank in Ukraine]. Naukovyi visnyk NLTU Ukrainy – Scientific Journal NFU of Ukraine, issue 23.18, pp. 147–154 (in Ukrainian).
2. Kostiuchenko, O.Ye. & Malyxina, Ya.A. (2011). Sanatsiinyi bank v Ukraini: problemy pravovoho rehuliuvannia [Sanation bank in Ukraine: problems of legal regulation]. Forum prava – Law Forum, no. 4, pp. 410–415(in Ukrainian).
3. Mishhenko, V., Mishhenko, S. (2014). Stratehichni pidkhody do upravlinnia ryzykamy funktsionuvannia nezhyttiezdatnykh bankiv i obsluhovuvannia problemnykh aktyviv [Strategic approaches to the risk management operation and maintenance of the nonviable banks of the troubled assets]. Visnyk Kyivskoho natsionalnoho universytetu imeni Tarasa Shevchenka. Seriia ,,Ekonomika” – Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. ,,Economy series”, no. 10 (163), pp. 40–46 (in Ukrainian).
4. Partyn, H.O., Krachkovska, O.M. (2010). Vidnovlennia finansovoi stiikosti ukrainskoi bankivskoi systemy na osnovi stvorennia ,,tymchasovoho” ta ,,problemnoho” bankiv [Restoring financial stability of the Ukrainian banking system through the establishment of ,,provisional” and ,,problem” banks]. Visnyk Natsionalnogo universytetu ,,Lvivska politekhnika”. Menedzhment ta pidpryiemnytstvo v Ukraini: etapy stanovlennia i problemy rozvytku – Journal of National University of ,,Lviv Polytechnic”. Management and business in Ukraine: stages of development and problems, no. 691, pp. 193–200 (in Ukrainian).
5. Mishhenko, V.I., Krylova, V.V., Nikonova, M.V., Maliukov, V.P. & Kulikov, S.H. (2011). Sanatsiinyi bank – «bridzh-bank» yak mekhanizm roboty z nezhyttiezdatnymy bankamy [Sanation bank – ,,Bridge Bank” as a mechanism for work on viable banks]. Kyiv: UBS NBU (in Ukrainian).
6. General guidance for the resolution of bank failures (2005). Prepared by the Research and Guidance Committee International Association of Deposit Insurers. Bazel, Switzerland. Retrieved from http://www.iadi.org/docs/Guidance_Bank_Resol.pdf.
7. Supervisory Guidance on Dealing with Weak Banks (2002, March). Report of the Task Force on Dealing with Weak Banks. Basel Committee on Banking Supervision. Retrieved from http://www.financial stabilityboard.org /publications/ r_0203a.pdf.